Study Permit

Study at one of Canada’s Designated Learning Institutions and acquire a world class education. Upon completion of a Study Program you may be eligible to apply for a Post Graduate Work Permit. ​


Foreign nationals are required to obtain a study permit for engaging in academic, professional, vocational or other education or training that is more than 6 months in duration at a designated learning institution (DLI) in Canada. ​


Students in Canada have the advantage of being able to work while studying. To gain the right to work off-campus, students must: ​

  • have a valid study permit; be a full-time student;

  • be enrolled at a designated learning institution at the post-secondary level or, in Quebec, a vocational program at the secondary level; and

  • be studying in an academic, vocational or professional training program that leads to a degree, diploma or certificate that is at least six months in duration. ​


A study permit will allow a student to:

  • work up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions; and

  • work full-time during scheduled breaks, such as the winter and summer holidays or spring break. ​


After graduation, a post-graduate work permit may be issued on completion of the study program for the duration that the program, up to a maximum of three years.

We review your individual situation and advise you on the best immigration options.

We assist you and your family in finding the Canadian Immigration Program that best suits your personal circumstances. We assess your eligibility and advise you on the v...
Video Consultation
1 hr
CA$ 210

​Erwin Gotthold

Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant

Consultant Réglementé en Immigration Canadienne

Member in good standing with the

Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council

Verify Status with ICCRC